Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snowy Morning

I love waking up to find the world blanketed in a fresh covering of snow. The transformative power of an inch of white ice crystals never fails to amaze me. Waking up to an inch of fresh snow this morning, I just about managed to throw a pot of coffee down my gullet before I was out the door, a fresh injunction from my sister to take my camera ringing in my ears. The light was poor so I apologise in advance for the photos, but I'm going to share them anyway, simply because it was such a great start to the day.



Black-capped Chickadee


White-breasted Nuthatch






American Goldfinches

Northern Flicker

Eastern Fox Squirrels

2 comments:

  1. Great winter photos! I like the snowy forest. Cool capture of the Nuthatch in a typical pose.
    Would you like to join the Tree Year Project? You are invited! http://thetreeyear.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the squirrel. Fourth picture up.
    Thanks
    Brett

    ReplyDelete